The new revenue grade meter is fun to watch, because it boils everything down to the most important number: how much power did the system produce? (Well, I guess the amount of unneeded power exported to the grid for credit is just as important, but there's no point in arguing with myself).
However -- I'm not quite as close to recouping the 800 bucks I spent installing that thing last October as I thought. I just entered my January reading, 2182 kwh. You'd think that this would mean 2 SRECs have been earned since installation, given that it's one SREC per every 1,000 kwh generated. But the broker's website did not award that second one. Talk about a let-down after hitting the return key!
I just sent in my query about this to their help desk, but I think I figured it out. I'm guessing that the approximately 500 kwh that was sitting on the meter on December 31, 2014 goes bye-bye. I hope not. I think that's asinine.