Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Thought the Eagles were Already Green!

Way cool, man. The Philadelphia Eagles announced a plan to install green energy systems at Lincoln Financial Field on a scale that will allow them to generate enough power that they (LIKE ME) will export extra energy onto the grid. They're talking solar panels, wind turbines and a biodiesel/natural gas power plant. [I don't understand the natural gas part, that sounds like importing energy to generate other energy with, but whatever.]



Eagles Plan to Take the Gridiron off the Grid

I have 48 solar panels and I thought I was badass. They're going to install 2,500 of them.

I'm a lifelong Skins guy but I might have to become an Eagles fan. Not really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed cool post. Where can I find that RSS?

Natasha Swingfield
camera scrambler

Dave Conifer said...

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not exactly sure what an RSS is. I did post a link to the original article. Sorry! If you can dumb it down for me maybe I can help...

...dave

solarmanke said...

About that natural gas component; do you know what is produced when sewage is treated in an anerobic environment. Many farms and muni's are moving to gas production from sewage. It works, and breaks down the sludge in the process so it is a better fertilizer.

Dave Conifer said...

Thanks. I had no idea how natural gas figured into this...