Monday, April 13, 2009

Refiling for New Jersey Rebate

Before the New Jersey Clean Energy Program (NJCEP) will forward our rebate directly to groSolar we need to refile a rebate application. Until the change is approved the rebate can only be paid to Mesa/SunTechnics, who is not installing our system. R.B. from groSolar prepared this document which we signed and mailed off to NJCEP today.

Hopefully this is just a formality. T.G. from NJCEP told us last month by e-mail that the rebate is still valid and that all we needed to do was refile with groSolar as the installer, but I'll believe this when I see it on paper.

Since the size of our system has decreased from 9.84 KW/month to 9.12 KW/month, the rebate is slightly smaller than before (down from approximately $37K to $34K). It bothers me that this dollar amount isn't on the application anyplace, but then again it didn't appear on the initial application either. When we get an updated approval letter from NJCEP with the new installer, system size and rebate amount spelled out, I'll feel better.

3 comments:

Jack Jennings said...

Did your installer receive the rebate yet? I filed in April also (for myself) and haven't seen any sign of a check.

Jack Jennings said...

Did groSolar receive their rebate check yet???? I refiled for my rebate in April also but haven't seen any money from the State. I'm afraid the Governor is going to take the money that I was supposed to get!

Jack

Dave Conifer said...

Yeah, groSolar got their money from New Jersey after the system passed inspection (in October 2009). I never saw the check, it went directly from NJ to groSolar...