Wednesday, June 30, 2010

High Production but High Usage Too

This is the time of year when it's hard to tell if my system is making any difference at all. Ironically, it's the part of the year when it generates the most power (longest periods of high-sky sun) so you'd think it would be the most interesting time for watching it go. But as I've already detailed ad nauseum, it's also the part of the year where I use the most power -- because the evil air conditioner and it's partner in crime, the insidious pool filter -- are running a lot.

Checking the electric meter during the summer just isn't as exciting as it is in April or October because it's not spinning backwards as much.

Luckily I can look at the inverters and see that a lot of power is being generated. Now I remember why I spent so much time checking those last summer...

No comments: